Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 18, 2014


I started feeling a little sick Wednesday night. Just a sore throat and a headache, but enough that being up in the night multiple times was really taking its toll. By Thursday morning I was taking Tylenol to help with the aches, and dreading the day ahead.

Call it a self-fulfilling prophecy, but the day turned out to be epically horrible. Lincoln only slept in 20-30 minute increments throughout the whole day, and if he wasn't eating, he was screaming. It was a blur of wake, diaper change, feed, rock back to sleep all day long. Every thirty minutes. When Kev came home he found me sitting in the nursery, just holding Linc while we both cried. I told him I basically had no idea what Aspen had been up to all day because I couldn't give her more than ten minutes of my time throughout the day. I really only had quality interactions with her when we ate together.

Thankfully she didn't get into anything she shouldn't have, and she didn't act out due to being ignored. And I eventually stopped feeling like death warmed over and survived until 10p when Linc went to sleep "for the night." It felt so good to finally lie down and get a couple hours of sleep! He gave me his regular nighttime routine (he woke once in the night and once early in the morning) and has been happily napping this morning for about an hour so far.

My first-time-mom self would have called Kev bawling and begging him to come home by lunch yesterday. This time, I just kept looking at the clock and telling myself I could make it another X hours and then it would be over and I could recover. And sure, I was crying like a baby when Kev got home, but I was pretty rational considering I was running on zero sleep and had a kid screaming in my ear.

I'm so glad today we're back to normal and it looks like we'll have some regular naps so I can reclaim my sanity. And shower before 3p.

You can also find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!